Sunday, March 18, 2018

Mandalas and Woodburning....

Since my last posts, I have started a Mandala Woodburning course with Ashley Hall....

Have you ever heard of Jake Ducey? He's an inspirational motivational speaker/author with a million YouTube videos. I've been following him and have purchased some of his work. Ashley Hall is his soon to be wife, who is an incredible artist - she has beautiful woodburned Mandala pieces, and now I'm taking a 6 week online course from her. I've drawn my first mandala and am so proud to call it my own. I love learning new things. Also, I've never spent so much time on ONE piece. With painting, I do abstract, pours, or more simple, so they take me 2-3 hours. This mandala took me probably 10 hours (broken up within a week). Now I'm practicing with my woodburning tool creating a new mandala, and wow! It takes even more patience and precision! I love this challenge and my next post will be showcasing ALL the work I did for woodburning (good and bad, haha).

Thanks for reading! Check out my Mandala below!


No comments:

Post a Comment